- Our Party
- 2014 Races
- Take Action
It’s Super Tuesday and time to vote!
Tennesseans are going to the polls today to cast a vote for President Barack Obama in the Democratic Presidential Primary. There are also Democrats running for local offices across the state who need your support.
To make sure you’re prepared, click here to confirm your voter registration and the location of your polling place.
Most polls are open today until 7 p.m. local time. Hours can vary by county, so be sure to check with your polling place.
AND make sure you bring a government-issued photo ID. Remember: If you do forget your picture ID, you still have the right to cast a provisional ballot.
Problems at the Polls in Tennessee?
Call the Toll-Free Hotline:
If you’re in Nashville and experience a problem voting, you can also call the TNDP Headquarters at (615) 327-9779.
ACLU-TN set up the toll-free phone number and is standing by, ready to help.
WHAT: Toll-free Election Day hotline – 877-651-1999
WHEN: The hotline will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
HOW: Calls will be answered in real time and will allow voters to report voting problems and obtain assistance if they feel they have been unfairly denied the right to vote. A call to the hotline will help to determine if rights have been violated and what options are available.
Voters could run into any number of problems at the polls:
- Issues related to the new “Photo ID to Vote” law;
- Voters who are turned away from the polls because of the new photo ID law;
- Voters who need special assistance being prevented from bringing someone to help them into the voting booth;
- Voters turned away without being offered a provisional ballot;
- Too few machines in polling places which will lengthen lines and discourage eligible voters;
- Poll-watching activities that go beyond mere observation and become harassment;
- Moving polling places on short notice or without sufficient warning; and
- Disinformation campaigns.
Topics2012 Barack Obama bill haslam Bob Corker Bob tuke budget chip forrester craig fitzhugh Diane Black DNC Dolores Gresham Economy Education eric stewart gloria johnson GOP Watch Gray Sasser Health Care Jim Cooper jobs John McCain Lamar Alexander Latest News Marsha Blackburn medicare middle class Mike Padgett mike turner Mitt Romney P2008 Phil Bredesen Ron Ramsey Roy Herron Scandal scott desjarlais state house state Senate statewide stephen fincher Steve Cohen taxes tn04 TNDP TNGOP voter id