- Our Party
- 2014 Races
- Take Action
NASHVILLE – Tennessee Democratic Party Chairman Chip Forrester released the following statement in response to the Supreme Court upholding the Affordable Care Act.
“The Supreme Court affirmed what a majority of Congress and the President already knew; that the Affordable Care Act is a constitutionally appropriate response to the health care crisis facing Tennessee families. Because of President Obama’s leadership, millions of working families, including a half a million Tennesseans, will have access to doctors and affordable health care.
“The Affordable Care Act is law, and will continue to be the law of the land. We should all come together and work in a bipartisan fashion, as did the Supreme Court, in order to ensure that all Tennesseans can take advantage of the provisions in the law that provide health and financial security, such as:
- Millions of young adults will still be able to stay on their family’s plan until they’re 26.
- Many seniors will continue to save $600 a year on their prescription drugs.
- Insurance companies no longer have unchecked power to cancel your policy, deny you coverage, or charge women more than men.
- Soon, no American will ever again be denied care or charged more due to a pre-existing condition, like cancer or even asthma.
- By August, millions of Americans will receive a rebate because their insurance company spent too much of their premium on administrative costs or CEO bonuses.
“It is time for the legislature to start focusing on results and not politics. Tennesseans want our elected officials to move past the partisan bickering over health reforms and get to work on creating jobs and growing our economy.
Topics2012 Barack Obama bill haslam Bob Corker Bob tuke budget chip forrester craig fitzhugh Diane Black DNC Dolores Gresham Economy Education eric stewart gloria johnson GOP Watch Gray Sasser Health Care Jim Cooper jobs John McCain Lamar Alexander Latest News Marsha Blackburn medicare middle class Mike Padgett mike turner Mitt Romney P2008 Phil Bredesen Ron Ramsey Roy Herron Scandal scott desjarlais state house state Senate statewide stephen fincher Steve Cohen taxes tn04 TNDP TNGOP voter id