- Our Party
- 2014 Races
- Take Action
Work at the TNDP
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Tennessee Democratic Party is searching for a Deputy Executive Director reporting directly to the Executive Director, with substantial involvement with the Chairman, elected officials and campaigns.
Start Date: immediate
Job Description: This position is an important strategic role with a wide range of responsibilities, serving as a trusted adviser to and strategic asset for the Executive Director and Chairman of the Party to assist in building a robust and effective elections-winning machine at TNDP.
Immediate responsibilities include leading and managing the fundraising operation of the Party, helping develop and implement the 2012 strategic blueprint and serving as a key implementer of TNDP’s various programs and activities. TNDP desires a person who is a true catalyst in starting up programs and making change and progress happen quickly. To that end, the focus of the Deputy’s activities will include:
- A heavy focus on managing the fundraising operation including helping develop and execute a successful finance plan, managing the budget and achieving ambitious fundraising goals;
- Managing, and assisting the Executive Director in direction and management of, various department heads regarding execution of Party plans and programs;
- Ensuring accountability of staff, programs and activities by developing, setting, and implementing performance milestones, and ensuring these milestones are met and progress is continually demonstrated toward their fulfillment;
- Identifying, recruiting, interviewing, and recommending talent and potential staffers for TNDP.
- Meeting with, vetting, recommending, and managing selected vendors;
- Creating presentations and marketing/communications materials;
- Preparing briefing and other such memos;
- Various administrative and operational duties; and
- Other unspecified activities that assist the Executive Director
Location/Other Logistics: It is understood by all parties that this position requires significant amounts of time on a monthly and weekly basis. Though the position is located in Nashville at TNDP headquarters, there is likely regular travel in and out of the state.
Job Details: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package is offered.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org — subject line “Deputy ED.”
The TNDP is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, and women to apply.
The Tennessee Democratic Party Data Director will develop a 2011-2012 data acquisition and data-targeting plan for voter contact in conjunction with the Executive Director, Field Director, Communications Director and other key stakeholders. The Data Director will manage the TNDP Voter File, and Catalist databases. This responsibility includes being the primary point of contact for the DNC, VAN and Catalist vendors and data contacts. The Data Director will also be maintain and upgrade the computers and software for TNDP employees.
Start Date: immediate
- Statewide VAN, and Catalist Administrator;
- Acts as point person for all VAN and Catalist issues and conduit between TN VAN users and national administrators;
- Craft an overall VAN strategy;
- Write and oversee contract and fee structure for VAN access, stating clear expectations for users;
- Supervise a team of paid and volunteer VAN admins across the State, delegating smaller tasks;
- Design and conduct VAN training seminars;
- Recruit, motivate, and monitor VAN users;
- Act as the webmaster for TNDP.org;
- Assist the Communications Director in maintain TNDP.org so that it always represents TNDP positively;
- Oversee and manage the best use and acquisition and maintenance of fundraising data;
- Administrate the Google Apps email and calendar system;
- Design new features for the website.
Desired Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate for the Data Director will have:
- At least three years of experience in a field or data related job at a national and/or state organization;
- Strong data, IT, organization and communication skills;
- Experience with multifaceted planning processes;
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem-solving and ability to work long hours;
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals without constant oversight;
- Willingness to travel statewide and work long, irregular hours as needed;
- Ability to solve problems and handle unexpected tasks;
- Experience working in a “red state” is desirable but not required;
- Commitment to social and economic justice; and
- Positive attitude.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package is offered. The TNDP is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, and women to apply.
Interested applicants should email their resumes — subject line “Data Director” — to email@example.com
GRASSROOTS CANVASSING PROGRAM
The Tennessee Democratic Party is currently looking for enthusiastic, politically interested individuals for our grassroots field program.
Waiting for 2012 to roll around isn’t going to work. If we’re going to see gains in the 2012 election, we need to get busy! We need to ramp our organizing and outreach efforts. We need to challenge more Democrats in Tennessee to take an active roll in their Democratic organizations. We need to boost voter participation. This is why we are working to hire a new team of field staff as soon as possible.
We are currently looking to fill full-time and part-time field canvass and field manager staff positions. Advanced leadership opportunities will be available to individuals showing dedication, inspiration, and responsibility. You’ll build rapport with targeted voters, sharpen your communication skills, and inspire Democrats in Tennessee. Working directly for the Tennessee Democratic Party provides an opportunity to get familiarized with state politics and get exposed to many facets of election work within a state party. Pay varies depending upon responsibilities, performance and schedules, but typically staff will earn somewhere between $1250 and $2500 per month.
Interested applicants should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tennessee Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Tennessee Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer.
Topics2012 Barack Obama bill haslam Bob Corker Bob tuke budget chip forrester craig fitzhugh Diane Black DNC Dolores Gresham Economy Education eric stewart gloria johnson GOP Watch Gray Sasser Health Care Jim Cooper jobs John McCain Lamar Alexander Latest News Marsha Blackburn medicare middle class Mike Padgett mike turner Mitt Romney P2008 Phil Bredesen Ron Ramsey Roy Herron Scandal scott desjarlais state house state Senate statewide stephen fincher Steve Cohen taxes tn04 TNDP TNGOP voter id