The Tennessee Democratic Party (TNDP) is seeking a Communications Director. The Communications Director will report to the Chair and develop and implement the Party’s communication strategy including digital media, print communication, and overall messaging. This position is full-time and based in Nashville, TN.
- Manage, protect, and promote the Tennessee Democratic Party brand
- Work with the State Chair and other staff to develop and implement a values-based multipronged long-term communications strategy and plan.
- Field and respond to all media inquiries and oversee comprehensive media tracking program.
- Develop and manage relationships with national, state, and local reporters and press outlets.
- Pitch stories to state and national media and generate earned media coverage of the Democratic message through proactive planning and rapid response.
- Write and edit op-eds, press releases, media advisories and statements
- Communications support for Democratic caucuses and candidates when needed to help ensure quality communication from all campaigns.
- Travel with and staff the Chair to media events as needed.
- Oversee, or create as needed, the development of electronic communications content, including website, email newsletter and social media.
- Work with communications and research staff at the DNC, DSCC, DCCC to receive communications and messaging updates.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and support other Party operations as necessary.
- Create periodic training sessions for local county party committees.
- Manage robust intern and volunteer program and encourage personal and communications skills development within the program.
- Assemble daily press clips for internal distribution
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working with print, broadcast and online media.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress, email marketing and social media platforms.
- Exceptional project and time management skills. Can efficiently strategize, plan, organize, measure progress and adjust resources as needed during execution of multiple projects.
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure.
- Thinks creatively and acts assuredly.
- Computer proficiency necessary to update and maintain press lists and databases of surrogates, committees and volunteers
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.