The Tennessee Democratic Party is hiring for the following positions: Deputy Communications Director
Job descriptions and application instructions are below.
Deputy Communications Director
Posted May 15, 2018
The Tennessee Democratic Party (TNDP) is seeking a Deputy Communications Director. The Deputy Communications Director will report to the Chair and the Director of Communications. This position is full-time and based in Nashville, TN.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Assist the Communications Director in researching, developing and drafting speeches, letters, opinion pieces and other printed communications for the Chair.
- Write and distribute press releases as needed.
- Work with the Communications Director to write and format electronic newsletters and print collateral and develop and maintain website content with with updated events, press releases, and other relevant materials.
- Maintain an archive of media publications and print/television coverage.
- Assist with the setting up, coordination, and facilitation of various media and earned media events, including: interviews, news briefings, speeches, talk shows, press conferences, etc.
- Maintain social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) presence and use social media and other new media efforts to effectively communicate the TNDP message.
- Maintain and update media lists and monitor local and national press for relevant stories and developments.
- Engage with Organizing and Party Affairs departments to implement and coordinate media and earned media programs by county parties and affiliated Democratic Party groups.
- Oversee interns within the Communications department.
- Maintaining TNDP “Letters to the Editor” program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of relevant on-the-job or internship experience working with print, broadcast, and online media.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress, NGP, email marketing, and social media platforms. Basic HTML a plus.
- Exceptional project and time management skills. Can efficiently strategize, plan, organize, measure progress and adjust resources as needed during execution of multiple projects.
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure.
- Thinks creatively and acts assuredly.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Tennessee Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The TNDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Please email a resume, 3 references, and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Deputy Communications Director.”