Director of Communications
The Tennessee Democratic Party (TNDP) is seeking a Director of Communications. The Communications Director will report to the Chair and the Executive Director and develop and implement the Party’s communication strategy including digital media, print communication and overall messaging. This position is full-time and based in Nashville, TN.
- Manage TNDP brand
- Develop and implement a multi-pronged long-term communications strategy and plan
- Communications support for chair, Democratic caucuses and candidates to help ensure quality communication from all campaigns
- Write and edit op-eds, press releases and other documents
- Develop and manage relationships with state and local media
- Oversee, or create as needed, the development of electronic communications content, including website, email newsletter and social media
- Manage robust intern and volunteer program and encourage personal and communications skills development within the program. Work with Finance Director to explore, implement and maximize online contributions using the most cutting-edge and productive tools available.
- Supporting other Party operations, as necessary
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills
- Knowledge of content management systems, email marketing and social media platforms
- Exceptional project and time management skills. Can efficiently strategize, plan, organize, measure progress and adjust resources as needed during execution of a plan or project
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure
- Thinks creatively and acts assuredly.
- At least 2 years (4 years ideal) of relevant experience
Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Fields marked * are mandatory.