A BRIGHTER FUTURE: Our Work
Tennessee Democrats know Tennessee voters are looking for a clear agenda that provides for economic opportunity. We know that Tennessee voters want a reason to feel good about the future. We know that Tennessee voters want their elected officials to have their back — no matter who you are, what they look like, or where you live.
For years, under a Republican super-majority, our elected Democrats have worked hard to try and pass meaningful legislation — often reaching out across the aisle to do so — but have been frustrated by the agenda of extremist Republicans.
When we elect more Democrats this fall, here’s what we’ll fight for: A BETTER FUTURE for you and your family.
- Where our children have the opportunity to receive a high-quality public education that fits their vision for a better future including universal Pre-K programs, affordable college, and career and technical education pathways.
- Where everyone can afford healthcare and medicine and has access to a doctor and a nearby emergency room – Medicaid expansion and no more rural hospital closures.
- Where a growing economy creates good-paying jobs so that you can all pursue your dreams, educate your children, and live and retire with security.
- Partnerships between businesses and working families that create good-paying jobs and sustain economic growth and opportunity.
- Make it easier for businesses to interact with government, make investments, create jobs, hire more workers, and increase wages – and we will hold them accountable if they break their promise to do so.
- Investment in our kids, our schools, our roads, bridges and public transport systems, our workers, and our businesses. We are committed to strengthening job creation and the economy to build a better future for all.
- Invest in a rural economy that is built to last
- A well-run and fiscally responsible government that is not intrusive, oppressive, or wasteful.
- Common sense regulations that protect our children, the air we breathe, the water we drink, and our treasured public lakes, rivers, mountains, and caves.
- The protection of every Tennessean from discrimination or injustice for any reason or at any time on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, language, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
- We will have your back no matter who you are, what you look like, or where you live