The Executive Director of the Tennessee Democratic Party (TNDP), working with the State Chair, oversees all day-to-day operations of the state party. The Executive Director is responsible for managing programs and initiatives that build the party at the grassroots level and advance the mission to elect Democrats at every level of government. They must be reliable, honest, loyal and discreet. The Executive Director reports directly to the State Chair. This position is highly collaborative and crucial to TNDP achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings
- Draft annual TNDP Budget working with Chair, Treasurer and Compliance Staff
- Monitor budget, cash on hand, and accounts payable.
- Make budget and cash flow projections.
- Advise the TNDP Chair on all relevant legal, financial, and political matters.
- Work with Compliance Officer to ensure accurate and prompt filing of all FEC reports.
- Work with all TNDP departments to ensure that all programs have the support of key stakeholders, local leaders and opinion makers as well as elected officials.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with legal counsel for the party and keep the TNDP compliant with all legal and financial requirements
- Build relationships with campaigns, local leaders and key stakeholders in preparation for all campaign efforts.
- Build relationships and coordinate with all national Democratic organizations, such as: DNC; DGA; DSCC, DCCC, and DLCC.
- Oversee efforts for all electoral efforts.
- Plan and implement a robust fundraising plan with the Chair and Finance department
- Serve as a surrogate/spokesperson for the TNDP as needed.
- Assist in providing training to activists, county parties, and candidates.
- Work with the Chair and Communications department to expand the TNDP’s reach and strengthen its brand.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and diverse responsibilities.
- Previous staff management experience a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of political and/or campaign experience
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Sandra Sepulveda at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director”.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the Tennessee Democratic Party because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.